Other valid reasons for obtaining Dutch citizenship :
- I can vote
- I can live anywhere in Europe if I wish (Italy is looking good about now) just joking.... a little.
- Easier to get a passport
- I'm not a "foreigner" and don't have to worry about the government putting me through more courses.
- My husband is not financially responsible for me.
For any foreigners considering this big move, some of the requirements to become a citizenship are:
- You must live in the Netherlands for 5 years or have been legally married to a Dutch partner for three years.
- You can not have a criminal record.