Monday, March 7, 2011

Burgers Zoo

The Netherlands has many zoo's scattered through out it's little country but one of the zoo's I really enjoy visiting (and I am not far from) is Burgers zoo in Arnhem.  This past weekend we packed up the kids and met a few other of my expat friends and we had a wonderful day at the zoo.
Here are a few (I use that word lightly) pictures I will share with you:

And really, you do not want to know what this chimp was eating.  My friend Tammy (who I know will blog about it) caught the whole action of him catching it before hand.  Yuck - I guess his diet is so yummy that he feels it's good enough to give it a go a second time! I wasn't able to get the before picture as my card was full and had to change cards, I took around 600 pictures at the zoo and have had much difficulty trying to dwindle it down to 126 pictures.  Choosing only 10 pictures for my blog was one of the most difficult things I have had to endure in a long time!

4 comments:

Tammy (Canadutch) said...

Oh you can bet I'll be giving a play by play of the poop eating incident! :P Such an awesome day, can't wait to do it again!

Invader_Stu said...

I want to Burger zoo about a year or so ago and had a great time.

And why am I not surprised that you will give a play by play Tammy. I'll bet you'll use it to put me off next time we play board games :p

Dave Hampton said...

I lived in Arnhem for several years and the Zoo was always a highlight. The open-air gorilla space gave them room to live as a tribe, and the behaviors that developed were both eerie and whimsical. The aquarium, and especially the rays gliding overhead, were silent dreams; the savannah was still under construction but it looks fully finished now. 'Definitely a place to explore, especially in the warmer weather.

Nelieta said...

Great photos! Looks like the baboon enjoyed his lunch! It sounds like a very nice zoo to visit..maybe next time when I am in Holland :)